Most of you who read my blog regularly know that I am transitioning my hair from relaxed to natural. You also know that my go to style as of late to help this transition has been a flexi rod set. Recently, however, I decided to switch things up a bit and try out a twist and curl, which is basically a twist out but with rods on the end. To achieve this look I’ve been using some new products I recently got my hands on by the brand Aunt Jackie’s Curls and Coils, specifically their Flaxseed Collection.
The Flaxseed Collection is of course made primarily of their flaxseed oil infused recipe and contains other all natural ingredients that help nourish, moisturize and repair hair. The collection is also super affordable, with products ranging in price from $5.99 – $9.99. I know, a little sketchy for a natural hair brand because we’re used to products costing a pretty penny. However, Aunt Jackie’s is the real deal and I’d definitely recommend it to others like myself who are transitioning.
Here’s a video highlighting how I put these products to use, enjoy!
- Aunt Jackie’s “Purify Me” Moisturizing Co-Wash Cleanser ($5.99)
- Aunt Jackie’s “Fix My Hair” Intensive Repair Conditioning Masque ($9.99)
- Aunt Jackie’s “Half & Half” Hydrating Silkening Hair Milk ($9.99)
- Aunt Jackie’s “Seal it Up” Hydrating Sealing Butter ($5.99)
- Aunt Jackie’s “Don’t Shrink” Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel ($9.99)
- Aunt Jackie’s “Soft All Over” Multi-Purpose Oil ($5.99)
- Annie Deluxe Extra Jumbo Day + Night Cap / Bonnet ($7.99)