I misted on the Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF Makeup Setting Spray ($38) after applying a full-face of makeup. I have to say, this does not spray on like your typical face mist. It’s pretty powerful and a little goes a long way so be delicate when hitting that button. It does smell somewhat like sunscreen, but not in a way that I hate — it’s actually a pretty refreshing scent. The particles instantly gave my face a cool burst before drying down and setting my makeup.
After several hours my makeup was still very much in tact and surprisingly not shiny! Along with it’s broad spectrum SPF formula, the UncompliKated Setting Spray contains Hyaluronic Acid — a natural substance that is used to lock in moisture. The reason why our skin gets so shiny at times is because our body is trying to replenish it’s moisture. The Hyaluronic Acid helps maintain hydration over time, so the skin doesn’t need to overproduce it — thus, shine control. Genius, right?
I won’t lie, although it does have a very lightweight formula I can definitely still slightly feel the product on my face, which isn’t a deal breaker because then I know it’s working, ha! But seriously, it doesn’t feel like it’s weighing my skin down or clogging my pores.
My only real complaint is that the can is kind of on the bigger side. This is great in terms of getting more bang for your buck and knowing that it’ll last a while, but I can’t simply pop it into one of my smaller cross body bags. Hopefully, the brand will make a travel-size version of it in the near future!
I’m so happy to have found this setting spray right on the cusp of summer. It will definitely be a go-to product in my skincare routine over the next few months. If you plan on getting the Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF Makeup Setting Spray for yourself, here are some helpful tips so you can get the best use out of it.
- Shake the can well prior to using
- Spray it on in a well-ventilated area. If in your bathroom — be sure to keep the door open because this is a pretty high impact spray
- Keep it 8 – 10 inches from your face when spraying, this helps you to more evenly apply the product throughout your face and not cake particular areas of your makeup
- Keep your eyes and mouth closed, for obvious reasons. Fine for it to go over your eye-lids, again, just don’t get too close
- Remember, a little goes a long way — so spraying once around in a clockwise motion is all you’ll need for several hours. Spraying on too much can lead to messy product build-up!