This weekend my boyfriend and I were invited to his friend’s 36th birthday party, which happened to double as a swanky holiday loft event in downtown NYC. And sadly, this year I don’t think I’ll be getting too dressed up for NYE, so I figured this was my moment to get all dolled up at some point this holiday season. In this post, I’m sharing details on my beauty look since we’re all looking for some inspiration around this time of year.
I opted for a classic glam look with a bold red lip and neutral/bronze tones on my face and eyes. I also attempted to apply my own false lashes, which if you ask me didn’t look too bad! As those of you who read my blog consistently know, I’m all about a laid-back and natural beauty look. So, fake lashes aren’t part of my normal routine. However, I was feeling festive at the time, not to mention I’d actually like to incorporate them into more often with my extravagant nighttime looks. Once I get the hang of it, I’ll be sure to post a tutorial!
To achieve this lash look I went with was Lena Lashes in the style “Grace” ($25). They’re super light-weight and gave my eyes just the pop they needed.
My lip color was the Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer in So Hot ($8). I knew I was going to wear a classic red but couldn’t decide between a matte or glossy finish. Once I put my entire face together, I realized I wanted to do something a little less conventional and go for the gloss. I felt it gave a flirtatious vibe to my beauty look and complimented my dress.
- Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC-50 ($30)
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande ($30)
- Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38)
- Contour: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Espresso ($46)
- Blush: Glossier Cloud Paint in Storm ($18)
- Highlighter: LORAC Light Source Illuminating Highlighter in Spotlight ($23)
- Eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black ($4)
- Eye Shadow Palette: Black Opal Eyeshadow Duo in Tawny Tease ($6)
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($24)
- Lip Gloss: Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer in So Hot ($8)
- Lashes: Lena Lashes Mink Lash in Grace ($25)