Last week Friday my boyfriend, David, and I went on a romantic date night. We haven’t been on a date outside of on vacation in a really long time. So, along with it being around the time of our 3-year anniversary, it was nice to do something a little special.
Before we went out, I decided to film myself getting ready. My entire process straight out of the shower to my skincare routine, makeup, and then hair. For my hair look, I decided to do something a little different with a super-easy updo on an old twist out. It’s actually the twist out from when I tried the Mo Know’s Hair Collection. It lasted for a while!
I don’t generally experiment with too many hairstyles because–I’ll admit it, I get lazy! But this time, the dress I wore was slightly off the shoulder, and I felt up for trying something new. I kept my makeup fairly simple, with a bold lip from the brand Il Makiage. And my dress is from the Jason Wu collection. I got it on Rent the Runway, which is slowly becoming one of my favorite retail destinations!
Here’s a peek at me getting ready, I hope you take away some gems!
- Nubian Heritage Patchouli & Buriti Body Lotion ($12.99)
- Megababe Rosy Pits Daily Deodorant ($14)
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser ($9)
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum ($250)
- Glossier Bubblewrap Eye Cream ($26)
- ATEM Super – Age Defense Facial Cream ($65) ATEM has also been kind enough to extend 20% off to my readers/subscribers on any of their products, just use the code aishasundara20 at checkout!
- Glossier Future Dew ($24)
- Boka Electronic Tooth Brush ($70)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC-50 ($31)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande ($30) or ($13):
- Revitalash Cosmetics High-Def Tinted Brow Gel in Dark Brown ($32)
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Blending Sponge ($6)
- Glossier Cloud Paint In Storm ($18)
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter Duo ($36)
- Glossier Lash Slick Mascara ($16)
- Aunt Jackie’s Don’t Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curl Gel ($5.81)
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Sheen ($12)