Happy New Year! Are we still saying that 12 days in? I think this week may be the last one in which that phrase is still appropriate, ha! Anyhoo, with 2021 in full swing and the holidays past us, we can finally sit down and think about what this new year may bring. Now, none of us can predict the future, but what we can do is be intentional about the actions we take that can introduce the things we want into our lives.
I’ve been heavy on the intentionality and manifestation these past few years and can attest to the fact that many doors have opened because of it. I mention this on my podcast and Instagram page often, manifestation isn’t an empty wish, it’s a goal, a desire you have in mind that you’re willing to align yourself with so deeply that it becomes reality.
As we make our way into this new year, given 2020’s series of unfortunate events, I want to emphasize that we can only go up from here. So give yourself permission to feel a sense of optimism about what these next few months will bring, and set an intention. An easy way to look at setting an intention is thinking of it as a “vibe.” What’s the vibe you’d like to have this year?
Last year for me was all about consistency, that was my intention. Consistency in all areas of my life, which would then effect all the things I wanted. I became more consistent in my creation and producing content, thus opening more doors and opportunities for me in my career. And as a result, I made more money and have been able to get my finances in order. Also, being consistent helped boost my confidence because things that were seemingly daunting initially became more routine and I finally found my groove. I also became more consistent in my relationships and nurturing those people who nurture me as well, instead of focusing on the negative. My relationships with the people who truly care about and support me became deeper and I feel even more secure in the support circle I have. Finding out your intention is like setting the tone.
For 2021, I’m using my intentions from my 31st birthday–ease, trust, and confidence. All I do, all I aim to do, will incorporate one or more of these intentions. So, think to yourself about the intention(s) you’d like to set for this year. They don’t need to be grand, but something that is important to you and move you closer to feeling more fulfilled.
As for manifestation–this is when we get more specific. I have an entire podcast episode dedicated to how to manifest (it’s actually my most popular episode) so I won’t dive too deep here, but I’ll give you the basics:
- Get clear on what it is you want: last year I wanted more financial freedom and autonomy so I manifested a particular credit score.
- Put it into the universe: I didn’t just think of the credit score number in my head, I wrote it down–every single night in my journal. “I will have a ** credit score by the end of this year” I also told my fiancé, because sharing with a trusted friend or loved one is a great way to make yourself accountable.
- Take action: again, manifestation is not an empty wish. You’ve got to take action in order to see it come to fruition. I made paying down debt a big priority. At first it was scary to see what little money I had go away, but eventually I was so proud and excited to see that I could actually do it. And each time I paid down a credit card I saw my score increase and that motivated me to keep going.
- Believe in yourself: this is really important because it’s one thing to say you want to manifest X, Y, Z, but to believe you *can* actually accomplish it is another. If you try to manifest in something you don’t believe you can achieve or that you deserve, you most likely won’t get it. So you have to believe. You have to tell yourself every day that it will happen and that it’s meant for you.
- Be grateful and open: you can’t take what you have currently for granted. You should have a level of gratitude about where you are to advance to the places you see yourself going. So stop, take a moment to give thanks for all you *do* have. And be open, sometimes what we manifest doesn’t always look the way we expect it, and that’s okay! It may be even better than what you could have imagined in the first place.
With all that said, this year, like every year is yours. It’s just a matter of if you choose to make it worthwhile. You got this. WE got this.