I’ve become quite the host this past year and one of my favorite things to treat guests to is a beautiful and delicious cheese and charcuterie board. Not to mention, I do also like making them solely for my fiancé and I to enjoy, ha!
Putting together a cheese board is much simpler than it sometimes looks, so. I figured why not showcase how I create one of my signatures. In this week’s YouTube video, I’m breaking down how to create and cheese board from start to finish including my favorite toppings. If you’re planning on entertaining more or to spice up your offerings, this is the video for you!
Tips on making a delicious and eye-catching cheese board:
- Think about the flavor profiles you’re going for. I love a sweet and savory mix, which really excites the palate.
- Play with textures! I always like to offer at least one hard, one medium, one soft/creamy, and one crumble texture cheese. This adds variety and is an opportunity for you to play with shapes on the board.
- Include some charcuterie! Charcuterie is a fancy term for cured meats, so think prosciutto, salami, chorizo. These add a nice saltiness to compliment the cheese and you can dress them up by folding or rolling them around crackers.
- Speaking of crackers, I usually have a mix of round, rectangular, and long thing crackers to add some crunch. They’re also great for soaking up the wine.
- Add some fruit! This helps to incorporate freshness to the board and also some color, especially if you’re doing a spring or summer spread.
- Incorporate other savory snacks like olives, nuts, pickles, or roasted peppers.
- Don’t forget the sweet! I love having honey, jam, or preserves to spread over my crackers. If you’re running out of space they can always sit on the side.
- Garnish it! With fresh herbs, edible flowers, or additional fruit so it looks as good as it tastes.