Whew, last night I made this Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bake and baybeeeee. David took one bite and was like “oh yeah, this is good.”
SO delicious and easy to make!
If you caught my stories last week you saw that I got some new cookware items from @greatjones. And I wanted to experiment with a new recipe using their King Sear Cast-Iron Skillet. So, when I came across this recipe it piqued my interest!
And I’m pleased to say, it did *not* disappoint. I love a Monday meal that lasts a few days so I can have more time to chill in the evenings. This was a welcome change to our usual lineup and I hope you get to try it for yourself!
2-3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 10oz cans of Enchilada Sauce (I used @oldelpaso)
1 4.5oz can of Green Chiles (I used @oldelpaso)
2-3 Chipotles in Adobo depending on how spicy you want it (I used @goyafoods )
1 pack or 3 cups of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
6, 6-inch Tortillas (Corn or Flour, whichever you prefer)
1 can Black Beans
1 can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
Scallions and Cilantro for Garnish
Salt, Pepper, & your favorite seasoning (I like Sazon Completa by @badiaspices )
Cast Iron Skillet: Great Jones (use code AISHA20 for 20% off)
Pot & Knife: Cuisinart
Wine Glasses: Crate and Barrel
Plates: Gibson Homewares
– Heat the oven to 375 degrees
– In a pot add chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, chipotles, salt, pepper, and seasoning of choice. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring and flipping chicken occasionally.
– Turn off the heat, move chicken to a cutting board and using two forks shred chicken.
– Add 1/3 of the sauce, without the chicken to the bottom of the cast iron skillet. Layer on 3 tortillas. Add chicken back to the sauce and then layer half of this mixture onto the tortillas. Layer on 1/2 black beans, 1/2 corn, 1/2 cheese.
– Then for the second layer, add 3 more tortillas. Rest of the chicken and sauce, rest of black beans, corn, and cheese.
– Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is sizzling and a little golden.
– Garnish with scallions and cilantro then serve!