This post is sponsored by Nike. All opinions are my own.
I love working out and incorporating fitness into my routine, but on an average day, I tend to be very sedentary. When I’m not shooting content, I’m usually sitting at my desk or on the couch.
Recently, I had a conversation with my therapist about the importance of going outside for walks or runs, and how exercise truly benefits not only your physical, but mental health as well.
It’s been proven that exercise helps with concentration, focus, and overall energy. I feel less stressed when I go outside and move! I decided this spring and summer that I would prioritize getting up and moving my body outdoors. I love being outside, surrounded by greenery, sunshine, and the warmth of the sun on my skin. A recent challenge I’ve given myself is to just simply enjoy spending time outside. I go out for a walk, which is a great break from my usual routine of scrolling social media and answering e-mails.
What’s made this even easier are my Nike INVINCIBLE sneakers, so much so that I have them in two different colorways. They’re incredibly well cushioned and literally feel like I’m walking on air, thanks to their bouncy stability.
Even if I’m just going for a walk, I take fashion very seriously! I like to incorporate the fab and functional Nike gear into my look by wearing the Nike One Leak Protection bike shorts. They’re soft, comfortable, and help as a backup for my usual period protection. No matter what time of the month it is, I feel confident and like my best self.
I like to pair my bike shorts with the Nike Indy Bra underneath a shirt or hoodie to add to this comfort. There’s nothing worse than a bra that rides up, especially when you’re simply going for a walk! This sports bra feels soft, gentle, and is extremely supportive for low-impact workouts. It’s definitely a go-to of mine for everything from walks to yoga to running errands.
Now that I’ve got the look down, here are some tips on how to incorporate movement, specifically taking a walk into your daily routine.
- Add it to your calendar! First, make it a part of your routine. Block time on your calendar and add notification pop-ups to keep yourself accountable. Consistency is key!
- Start small. Don’t dedicate yourself to 2-mile-long walks out the gate. Instead, just set a goal of walking around your block. The next week, maybe it’s taking a walk down the street to a specific landmark and back. From there, once you feel more comfortable, head to a local park for a longer time outside. Before you know it, you’ll be exploring places you didn’t even know existed near you.
- Invite a friend. There’s strength in numbers. A friend or loved one can help you feel more motivated. This can also double as catch-up time and help switch up your normal hangout routine.
- Get some new “Walking Outfits”! Hey, when you look good, you feel good. Stocking up on pieces from Nike that are comfortable and functional will help you to truly go the distance.
- When you feel stuck, go for a walk! One of the best ways to combat stress or lack of creativity and focus is stepping away from the task and taking a refreshing walk. The change of pace and scenery will help you to feel more clarity and de-stress the situation.
Now that I’ve shared with you my tips, I hope you feel more inclined to incorporate walking into your self-love practice. It’s been such a game-changer for me, so I just *know* you’ll see the amazing benefits.